Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Defrost

What do you mean today is not the first day of Spring??? Oops. Little Lamb is in fact on his way...best of luck to Rob & Kristin. The Wild Thing was in full color tonight...it's amazing what a tiny Nestle chocolate egg can do. Last Easter, we thought it would be funny to see how the little guy reacted to a Cadbury Egg. I'll tell you how he reacted...hives, welts, itchy throat. We have since discovered he is highly sensitive & likely allergic to peanuts/peanut products. Now we are armed with Epi-Pens & Benadryl...yep, I have that kid. I am stepping waaaay out of my comfort zone this weekend. I'm not sure I even want to divulge any details... F*** it, I registered for the Strasburg Road Race. Somehow, my dad convinced me it would be "good training, if nothing else." Did I mention I sold my road bike last year?? I fully expect to get spanked. I will be the fool getting dropped immediately, on my cross bike with a borrowed road cassette & borrowed wheels (badass wheels, but still...). Nervous doesn't begin to describe how I feel about it.

2 comments:

fatmarc said...

that's funny, I'm opening up on the road on the 1st in NJ - a road race: the pine cone race or something. should be fun, and like your dad said, good training if nothing else. I am so hungry to ride trails, I am just sick of the road right now. yuck...

respect.
fm

fatmarc said...

that's funny, I'm opening up on the road on the 1st in NJ - a road race: the pine cone race or something. should be fun, and like your dad said, good training if nothing else. I am so hungry to ride trails, I am just sick of the road right now. yuck...

respect.
fm