Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Dry Spell

Today we enjoyed an outing to the Please Touch Museum...the Wild Thing had an absolute blast. Not once did I utter, "No, no..." or "that's not for climbing" or "hands off..." My favorite "exhibit" was the life-size Maurice Sendak storybook (scenes from "Where the Wild Things Are" & "In The Night Kitchen"). My Wild Thing wasn't really into his namesake's boat, but he couldn't get enough of the water-play area or the Super Market (he was all over the espresso machine...yes!). Lunch was a picnic of sorts by the lovely Schuykill River w/ a sweeping view of Philly's skyline (& daddy's work...above left). I had every intention of getting out for a ride this afternoon, but found myself in a bit of a nap coma while my son slept...oops. The thought of pavement, pavement, road, road is just sucking my motivation. Craving dirt, missing the woods. The wrong bike is collecting dust.

1 comment:

chunky monkey said...

I feel ya, I haven't been in the woods in over a month. This is getting rediculous. This week isn't looking any better. Rain, Rain and more rain.