Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Distractions

Another Remarkable Spring Day...
Mount Saint Laundry readies for eruption...
More fun than chores...
Yummier than the veggies and fruits I should be eating...
Actually, the cookies are for my New Mom/Racing Buddy, Kristin...thanks to me, the Lamb Fam will be enjoying baked penne, a nice Spring Mix Salad, and homemade Chocolate Chip cookies tonight. When I was knee-deep in Baby Bootcamp, the best gift I received was a homemade meal from Jamie (a few weeks after the newborn dust settled and all the well-wishers had disappeared, it was nice to have someone surprise us so thoughtfully). Holding little Lamb this afternoon, I was shocked how long it's been since my son was that size. I couldn't remember what they do at that age (2 weeks?) except poop, cry, eat, & sleep (mostly poop & cry, though). I'm like, "Are you giving him real baths yet?" Umm, what kind of question is that?? Seriously, is that the best I could come up with? Why? Does he smell like he needs "a real bath"?? No, babies smell sweet no matter what (even their poop is inoffensive when they are that little, I swear).
Anyway, she graciously answered, "No, just sponge baths for now" (oh yeah, umbilical cord and all that...now I remember) and then we went on to talk about our other common thread...Mountain Biking! We'll be tearing it up together again in no time...

No comments: