Friday, April 20, 2007

From Ear to Ear

All I needed was a ride...Red & White (ahhhh) erased all the worry, all the clutter. The trails were again, supreme...the only boggy parts were the ones that are always boggy. Signs of Sunday's storm were several downed trees and tons of debris...truly, the sticks outnumbered the rocks at French Creek today. After climbing out of Miller's Point, my ride became a game of "Big Ring, Little Ring" (sounds like something out of a Dr. Seuss story) as my gears were all jammed and skippy and annoying...I couldn't diagnose the problem. Finally, I found one lonely, flawless gear in the middle ring and that is where I remained for the rest of the ride...and duh, my ride became more fun and faster and...more fun! So, maybe I should bust out the singlespeed next time...why should Shifty have all the fun?

No comments: