Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Gary

Friendly, enthusiastic, and helpful...Gary always puts me at ease before a race with some words of encouragement or even riding the course with me, talking me through the lines and sharing useful insight. Gary was a standout during my cross season and I was excited upon learning he'd be joining our team this year...
Now Gary needs our thoughts and prayers...My dad spoke with Gary's wife this afternoon and this is what she told him (following the accident on his bike Saturday morning):
Gary will likely be hospitalized for at least a month. His collarbone & pelvis are broken and he has suffered severe head trauma...Gary is looking at about 6 months of rehab. The hows and whys are unimportant right now...let's pray for Gary's recovery & in the meantime, ride safe.

No comments: