Friday, April 27, 2007

Rested

Haircut/color (yes, I've abandoned any charade of growing it out) last night, followed by two lovely Hoegaardens at Teca with Kate...came home in the midst of a thunderstorm. Against better judgement, took a nice long bath in spite of thunder & lightning.
During a particularly violent storm in my (early) youth, I grounded the metal legs of my bed with 2 pairs of sneakers (white Adidas Stan Smiths at my feet, blue faded-by-the-sun Keds at the head)...I was so afraid the lightning was going to burst into my room & strike me while I slept.
Lightning struck 8 Cedarbrook Road while my Grandpop was on the phone with my Grandmom (she was calling from my cousins wedding shower to tell him not to pick her up, as the storm was bad & roads were flooded)...Lightning struck the house and left a weird smoky streak through the kitchen walls and upstairs hallway. The wallpaper tore away in a neat, tidy line along the staircase and the clock in the kitchen shot off the wall.
Thunderstorms help me sleep better now.

No comments: