Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Funky (Part II)

Funky like Parliament. Funky like the JBs. Funky Good Time! I feel better already (doesn't take much). Today was my unceremonious last day at work...next week I start my new "career" as the token female at the shop (for one glorious day a week...truly, I cannot believe my luck). A weight was lifted as I walked out of the office...six years of scampering down to the Main Line (at the crack of dawn, no less) to help create eerily perfect smiles has taken its toll. I will not miss the white uniform, nor the strict "completely white shoes only" rule (and no, Crocs, are not acceptable)...This morning, I asked a teenage patient about her summer plans & she replied, "Nothing. Just sailing camp. And we're going to our place in Bermuda..." followed by an aloof eye-roll and "woe is me" sigh. Poor thing. Hung up my lab coat one last time (Kathy was like, "You're not taking that with you?!" and I think she was serious)...and that was it. And... My kid called me "Cutie"... Ha! Now I just have some ordinary nerves to work through (preparing for essentially 3 races this weekend), some sleep to catch up on, a tall glass of Very Vanilla Quik to enjoy, and a book to dig into (Another Day in the Frontal Lobe by neurosurgeon Katrina Firlik). Maybe even in that order.

1 comment:

Suki said...

I'm envious.

I don't have a job to quit.