Saturday, June 9, 2007

I Don't Remember What I Like About Winter

Really, I'm almost embarrassed to admit how perfect this day was...perfect weather, no exaggeration. Left my kid with a babysitter for the first time ever (besides my parents or my cousin) to ride French Creek with my dad & Jeremy (yet another friend staying with us this week). We had a remarkably excellent ride...it was fun wearing my lungs on the outside of my body trying to hang onto the boys. Damn near race pace (for me, at least), but a huge smile was plastered on my face (along with countless buggies...gross). Jeremy is a dyed-in-the-wool roadie (his wife, Shannon, is on the Aaron's team)...last year when they stayed with us, we took him for his first mountain bike ride since he was a kid. Some people are just naturals...to say Jeremy is a natural is an understatement. This year, he came back into town to watch the Philly race, but admittedly was more excited about hitting the trails again. Thursday, we rode Dtown... Friday, BP introduced him to Fairhill (and in true BP fashion, they got quite lost & happened upon new territory)... Today, classic French Creek...my dad jokingly offered to buy dinner if Jeremy could make it up the Fire Tower (rocky, rockier, and rockiest) Climb in his big ring. Well, we all enjoyed dinner from Limoncello on BP tonight...thanks, Jeremy, for being such a badass! Nicest badass you'll ever meet (again, no exaggeration). I was like, "I think you're full of shit...I bet you don't even have a road bike..." the way he was flowing. As for me, I don't know what was going on, but my bike felt light as a feather...I was riding without a care in the world. Ahhhhhh... Upon returning home, my son was just beginning to get fussy ("I missed you, mom..."). I was happy to hear the Babysitter took him to the park & pushed Tough Guy around on his little trike...you can't put a price on being able to leave your child in good hands (but, damn...it's good to be a Babysitter in '07...cha-ching). While the kid napped, I reluctantly finished my book (Lullabies for Little Criminals by Heather O'Neill...I did not want it to end, it was that good) and fell asleep on the front porch. Two more guests (Kari & Glen) arrived this evening from Georgia (bearing gifts of Jittery Joe's coffee straight from the source). Tomorrow we all convene in Philly to cheer on the Girls .

No comments: