Saturday, July 7, 2007

I Even Dreamed About My Bike Last Night...

I'm going to love the road sooner or later...I know it's just a matter of time. I just need a little more confidence. And maybe a road bike...(I've been employed 9 hours at a bike shop and New Bike Lust already has a firm grip on me). I could tell my dad is feeling like himself again...he put together a great loop that meandered around many of my favorite back roads behind the Laurels and Stargazer Winery. Heading home through town, we saw the hay bales & preparations for this evening's crit. As for me, I felt strong and relaxed...this promises to be my last ride until Fair Hill. A week at the beach will leave me fresh or fighting for breath (and legs). image by Dennis Smith (from Marysville)

3 comments:

Frank Brigandi said...

bike lust - a road bike is a very useful tool for a mountain bike racer. Builds power, form, more of a deep muscle base. I'd have to say as a shop owner, don't over buy on the road bike, get one that is enough to train on, they are all light, Tires are more important on a road bike that are given credit where it's due.
Fit is everything.

chunky monkey said...

Road bikes are great for days you want to ride, but just don't want to think or feel like getting bumped around. You can't get that on a mtb. And a mtb on the road is just pure torture.

fatmarc said...

I have a huge case of road bike lust right now. My current bike is 10 years old. I've been surfing bike company sites. It's bad. I don't really need a new road bike, mine is great for what I do with it, but still, a new one would be super duper nice...

respect
fm