Sunday, July 15, 2007

My Favorite Kind of Saturday Addendum

I spoke too soon. We just returned from a long night in the ER...Grammy inadvertently gave Wild Thing a bite-size Butterfinger. That's a big no-no...Butterfinger means peanut butter, not "butter butter." Hives, vomiting, swelling, more vomiting...the worst, scariest reaction yet. One IV of steroids & Benadryl, plus a shot of Epi later and the poor thing finally cleared up. Tough Guy is a trooper...a few tears, a few wails while the IV was inserted (said the nurse,"Mom, you may want to step out for this..." Um, no thanks...I cried harder than he did). "I don't like this place," was all he said, then conked out from the drugs... So, yeah...I'm going to be freshy-fresh tomorrow.

2 comments:

airing out said...

Oh NO!!! glad everything turned out ok!

Suki said...

a sick baby is the most petrifying thing to any mother.

my daughter spent alot of time in emergency rooms (hereditary, maybe?)...and I can't for the life of me figure out how I got through it.

give the lil guy a squeeze for me.

tell him its from one of mommy's make believe friends...

then tell him I'm really weird.