Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Get Ready!

Did you happen to see the forecast for this weekend??? I don't necessarily want to talk about the weather either, but if anyone participated in last year's 24 Hour Challenge of 7 Springs, you will understand why I am so pleased...so very pleased...about the weather. Churning in my gut and in my head: Equal parts anticipation & anxiety... Anticipating an exciting weekend of racing, racing, racing...last year was pure magic. Our team of 4 fierce women did a great job of working together in some (almost humorously) horrendous conditions. I truly feared for my life during those thick & foggy night laps. Anxious about being separated from my (other) pack, my family, for the entire holiday weekend. I know the boys will be fine...they will break most of the rules, wreak havoc all over town...they will lay waste to "Mommy's Way." Good for them. I should be cleaning my bike, assembling gear, baking focaccia... I need a watch. I need a nap.

1 comment:

Suki said...

"they will lay waste to mommy's ways. good for them"


you are TOTALLY more mature than I am.

I'd've installed cameras and hired security guards.

good luck to ya!