Sunday, September 16, 2007

(Other) Stuff that Matters to Me

family

cake!

Today was Little Rob's Baby Shower...good timing, because he is finally coming home tomorrow. The little guy is now seven weeks old...amazingly, he is still not even "due" yet (October 12th was the original due date).
Sitting beside my cousin, Therese, I was struck by how lucky I am that my kid gets to grow up so close to her brood (she has four...she juggles them beautifully). Watching them reminds me of when we were kids and would scheme sleepovers and adventures ("Ask your mom...No, ask your mom first..."). Surely, those days are closer than I think.
How about that cake?!...A simple yellow pound cake with butter cream icing from the Bakers of Buffington (Downingtown)...Helped myself to a painfully large corner piece, affording me lots of extra icing (Skinsuit be damned...I don't care if I have to eat seeds and lettuce for the rest of the month to make up for this cake)...so yummy, so yummy, so yummy.
I brought a piece home for my hardworking husband.
I also brought a piece home for my breakfast tomorrow.

No comments: