Thursday, October 25, 2007

Halloween Parade

I thought cross practice would help me feel better & loosen up...
Wait, I just said, "I thought cross practice would make me feel better..."
What is wrong with me???
I could not resist...the park & the bike beckoned. Two laps into it, chasing my dad's wheel, I did feel better. Cold! Muddy! Wet!
After cross practice, we enjoyed the Halloween Parade in West Chester...
The Kid really got into this year...he suckered us into buying the $10 pseudo-light saber so he could duke it out with Scoobie Doo.
Smarties, tootsie rolls, dum-dums, sweet tarts, marching bands, glow sticks, costumes, perfect crisp October weather (finally!)...fun, fun, fun.
Now I am running a low fever...chills, stiff joints. I'll say it again...fucking ticks.
Check yourself diligently...I thought I did.
Definitely no racing this weekend...I was excited about Velo-Cross, but clearly I need some rest. And some probiotics.

1 comment:

Suki said...

damn.

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling lousy.

at this stage, though...lyme is only as insidious as the antibiotics.

eat yogurt. drink cranberry juice and pray you don't get a rip roaring yeastie.

cause the only thing that sucks worse than feeling like ass and pooing constantly...

is not being able to hit, tap, nail, bone, scrape, etc (see blog) in the meantime.