Saturday, October 27, 2007

Velo-Cross, Trexlertown

Plans changed... By eight o'clock last night, I lined up a sitter (my mom is the best!) & gathered pretty much two of everything I'd need for a muddy, wet race. My dad generously prepped my bike, as I was knee-deep in dinner/bath/bedtime stories... Yay, I get to race Velo-Cross!! Woke up several times through the night to the sound of pouring, pouring, pouring rain. I knew it was a gamble, racing the way I've felt all week... Well, I'm glad I followed through because the race was a blast. Great course, great effort... I'll take 4th behind Lauri Webber, Kristy, & Jill any day...I worked my ass off out there. I'm happy with the lines I took & the decisions I made. One really important decision today, for example? Taking advantage of the hot showers at the Velodrome after my race. Yes, hot showers. Everything is coming together little by little (Frank, it finally clicked my third time through the sand...I get it now...thanks!) and I am having way more fun than I care to admit. Still soooo much to learn & refine, but the puzzle doesn't loom quite as large with every race. This is the best I've felt since the whole Lyme thing started. Clearly, I just need to keep on moving (and then rest, rest, rest). I'm sure this guy captured the mud in all its glory...check it out! Hiding the Halloween candy from myself has proven futile (for what? the eighth year in a row?)...The following bags of candy have been found & opened: Twix Skittles (I don't even like Skittles...that's why I buy them) Dum-Dums (the sour kind...I thought I could resist) Junior Mints (although, I really didn't expect them to even make it to the actual Trick-or-Treaters) Tootsie Rolls (Ewww gross! I have no control...I have...A Problem)

2 comments:

Frank Brigandi said...

How much fun was that race?...

Suki said...

glad to hear you're feeling well!!!

as for the candy...dood, I don't even buy it.

I turn off the lights, hide in the closet and encourage my dogs to sound as mean as possible all evening.

Halloween is NOT my favorite holiday (my second least favorite is easter)...hence I avoid it entirely.

I will, however, be putting up a christmas tree sometime in the next three hours if you'd like to come help...