Sunday, December 23, 2007

Bulletproof

After two sleepless nights in a row, I was unsure how I would handle riding a bike. Yesterday, I sadly bailed on a ride with Nikki & Kristin...miss them terribly, but my Boy needed me. This morning I woke at seven (after finally falling asleep around, oh...3:30?), fully expecting my dad to cancel our ride...instead he was like, "Well, we could ride the road or go to French Creek." My cross bike remains in the box. Mountain bike on the road in the rain? No thanks. "Okay," I said, "French Creek." With the exception of five billion downed trees and limbs, conditions were great...a little slippery, but otherwise great. Once the fog cleared from my sleepy head, I found a nice flowy rhythm following my dad & just truly enjoyed being in the woods. Dodging eye-level sticks & hoisting my bike over huge pine trees was the perfect distraction from self-imposed (well, not entirely...let's be fair) holiday stress. Now I just want to put on cozy pajamas, eat a second soft pretzel & watch Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas with my kid.

No comments: