Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

(Yes indeed this tree is artificial...several years ago we had an infestation of countless jumping baby spiders in our real tree...I am not over it yet!)
Cookies for Santa (and the crew at Beans):
I think I've nailed my not-so-secret oatmeal cookie recipe after 3 batches.
Batch #1 went to Reston, Virginia (experimental ingredient was pumpkin pie spice...unremarkable results, but yummy enough to satisfy a post-race sweet tooth).
Batch #2 was baked with my best friend while my husband was at his work Christmas party...we were giddy after a few libations & the cookies were awesome (followed the recipe to a T).
Batch #3...whole wheat flour & semi-sweet chocolate chips...this may be my standby next year!
Now I just need some carrots for the reindeer.
Maybe they'll settle for apples...

No comments: