Friday, April 25, 2008

A Mere Slap On The Wrist...

So this evening I was reminded what it feels like to crash with a little speed...I did a marvelous endo tearing up a sharp turn at Dtown...knocked me silly. Cati was like, "Awwww, you looked like when a little kid takes a tumble when they're skiing!," as she literally hoisted my bike from the brambles and helped me to my feet. I think after flying over the bars, I finally mastered that ridiculous shoulder roll I never got in karate...I was the only kid who couldn't do it. My brother earned waaaay more belts than I did (umm, actually, I didn't earn any). My dad warned me not to get cocky on the new bike. I don't think I was being cocky...maybe a little over-confident on a bike I am still trying to dial in. In any case, there I was sailing over the bars, taking clumps of dirt with me as I shoved my body into the ground shoulder-first. It happens...I needed that reminder. A warning. Riding home, only one car passed me the entire length of Sunset Hollow...weird. Daytime wasn't really over, but the sunshine was mostly gone. I turned on my light and my Ipod as I turned onto the last real climb and soft pedaled. All the way home. My grand aspirations for a killer lasagna fell flat. I don't even care for lasagna...maybe it will taste better tomorrow (there is plenty left over, I swear). One in the morning. Aching shoulder, a bowl of cereal, and another attempt at sleep.

2 comments:

Suki said...

ahhh...

I heart sailing through the air.

probably because I seem to do it so often...

hence the suki staying off a mountain bike with the sprout.


...or at least off any fun trails!!!

:(

rsdmag said...

Im not big on tomato lasagna ... try with pesto and parmesean instead of the usual tomato sauce, and go easy on the mozzarella. Good stuff!