Thursday, July 24, 2008

Chain of Fools...

Thanks, Faticus...I have no choice but to play along, bastard. If you could have 1, and only 1, bike in the world, what would it be? Easy. My favorite bike, my Litespeed...a modest hardtail, my trusty steed, as it were. On this bike, I feel like I was born to ride (I don't even care how cheesy that sounds, because there is no better way to describe it). Do you already have that coveted dream bike? If so, is it everything you hoped for? If not, are you working toward getting it? If not, why not? Ummm...I don't covet a dream bike, because I love my mountain bike already...it fits perfectly and if having a bike that already takes me out of my head better than anything else in the world (hmmm...yeah, it kinda does), then yes, it is indeed everything I hoped for. However, if there was a way to make the grips dispense Pez... If you had to choose one & only one bike route to do every day for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? Easy. French Creek...starting with Red & White, then crossing Shed Road and hitting my favorite loop (must include the Fire Tower climb) and ending at the lake...Why? I just never get bored riding there and it is one of the few places I can really hit my stride and just fly with utter strength and confidence. Plus, I love it any time of year. What kind of sick person would force some one to ride one ride for the rest of his/her life? My sentiments exactly...but, I could think of far worse punishment. (being forced to eat nothing but stale Lucky Charms without the crunchy marshmallows for the rest of my waking days...not so magically delicious after all)... Do you ride both a road & mountain bike? If both, which do you prefer & why? If only one or the other, why are you so narrow minded? I ride both and prefer my mountain bike. I love to be in the woods...I love the lure of weaving across trails joyously littered with rocks, roots, dirt, brambles...WILD RASPBERRIES... (oh wait, they are roadside, too). I like the simplicity of the road and love how I feel after a long & hilly road ride, but truly, I am scared of cars and the careless fucks that drive them. Have you ever ridden a recumbent? If so, why? If not, describe the circumstance under which you would ride one. I have not...they look like go-karts from far away. Go-karts scare me, but that is a story for another day. (I know one cool person who rides a recumbent sometimes...but, I still can't get past the...recumbent-ness??) Have you ever raced a triathlon? Have you ever seen me swim? Suppose you were forced to give up ice cream or bicycles for the rest of your life. Which would it be and why? Well, I drowned my sorrows in half a pint of Bassetts pistachio ice cream the other night (thanks, Liz)...I should give up the ice cream anyway. I could never conceive of giving up the bike. Uh uh. No way. What is the question that should have been asked on this questionnaire that hasn't been? Ask & answer it. If you could only ride with one person, living or dead, who would it be and why? My dad. He is my favorite person to ride with on or off-road. You're riding your bike in the wilderness. You see a bear & the bear sees you. What do you do? Use my super powers to turn the bear into bunny rabbit...watch it merrily hop away as I tear open a pack of green Sport Beans. Tag, you're it...play along, come on! Rachel, Matt, Blakely ,Monkey, and...Dan K!!

1 comment:

spicyride said...

oh crap! best get busy on this.