Friday, August 1, 2008

Another Reason the Golden Monkey Tastes Sooo Good...

As we neared the lake, wrapping up a super-fun ride, my dad said, "So, how do you feel mentally?" The answer was a resounding, "Great..." I mean, I have nothing to be afraid of, I am still unsure what happened or if there was something I could have done to avoid my crash... So, mentally, I was braced to hurt on the climbs (hurt myself, not the the climbs)...I was braced to fall into old habits like unclipping for the rock gardens or any obstacle higher than my...ankle. It's not like I was riding with any finesse. Or aplomb. Nope, definitely not... But, I was having fuuuuuuun. So much fun... Didn't put a foot down until we got to a little piece of nastiness that I have yet to clean anyway... Didn't unclip or suffer terribly on anything uphill... Didn't slow down when I absolutely should have (and I have deep, deep scratches on my right arm to punctuate that sentiment...)... The gnats were insane, the turtle trail was horrifically overgrown with the sharpest thorns and brambles I've seen all summer, and we barely outsmarted a hornet the size of my nephew. So. Much. Fun. so great to be baaaaaaack.