Saturday, August 16, 2008

That's It...

Wrapped up my short-lived mtb season this afternoon with six decent laps at Iron Hill. Lap 1: Utter disaster...bungle upon embarrassing bungle...skittish, tentative, considered bailing. Lap 2: Warmed up, felt strong and capable (especially on the climbs) Lap 3: Favorite lap, cleaned everything and rode with confidence Lap 4: More of the same... Lap 5: Felt the heat, felt the aching hand... Lap 6: Walked the last climb because my left hand was completely numb and I was squirreling around all over the place. Began to feel fatigued, though not destroyed. My dad made nutella and honey saltines...the only time I pitted was to simultaneously shed my camelbak, quickly change my gloves, and down the tasty treats. So happy to have ended my brief season on a high note...I don't know where the coming months will take me, with regards to cross, but I feel my fitness coming back little by little. Sigh...

3 comments:

Anne Rock said...

Welcome Back! Now put that mtb bike away and dust off the Mudhoney. IT'S CX TIME!

airing out said...

You looked strong!

MtnBikeChic said...

It was great to see you out there again yesterday! You looked great and I'm glad it ended up being a fun clean ride for you. It won't take long and you'll feel all your strength and groove come back.

I look forward to seeing you smiling at cross!