Saturday, September 6, 2008

Fascinated

I don't know about you, but I have never seen anything like this...and I can't imagine what it would be like to stumble upon something like this in nature (on my routine expedition to the Amazon, of course)...
I had never noticed the lily exhibit at Longwood Gardens, but these mammoth plants caught my eye yesterday...the pads are strong enough to support 15o lbs of evenly supported weight (easily 3 ft across, like little bistro tables in the water). You should see the crazy thorns beneath them!
I also learned that mosquito fish have mouths on top of their heads and the water is dyed black to prohibit algae growth.
All I did was ask...

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

Your blog title makes me sing that 80's song, "i'm fascinated by your love boy... "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lad1TtOK5Vk