Monday, September 22, 2008

Yes, this is a rant...

I couldn't sleep the other night (it was likely very early in the morning)...so I came downstairs and watched TV...There was a recap of the MTV VMAs and my goodness, I am out of touch... All I can say is, I am certain Warren Zevon is positively rolling over in his grave, after Kid Rock's laughable cover of Werewolves in London (and who was that bowing down to him, Lil' Wayne? Seriously, I don't even know...) Ramble, more, Kimmy: (okay) Insomnia is back (coupled with sleep-paralysis...I am not making this shit up...it is real and it sucks)...so when I do sleep, I fall into a weird, deep immediate slumber that feels like days, but in reality is minutes and there is usually a very frightening presence or a feeling of crushing on my chest...and my body is asleep, but my mind is awake...it is the scariest sensation... My aunt experiences it, my dad experiences it... It happens without fail if I fall asleep on my back or if I crash out completely obliterated, completely depleted. Bleh...sounds crazy. Because it kind of is. What else?? I heard a blurb on NPR and it's the first time ever the words "SINGLE MOM..." jumped out and sorta stung me...like, oh, I'm one of those. Weird. (so not alone, though...thank goodness for my family & friends...) What else? What else? I've eaten nothing good for me today. I think I am fighting a cold and my patience with a certain three year-old was nearly tapped out this evening. I will do better tomorrow. Oh, and my right calf is one gnarly tangle of nasty soreness and crampy knots. Eww. And the stick is nowhere to be found. Oh, but things could be soooooo much worse. (truly) I feel better already.

1 comment:

airing out said...

I don't sleep either. But starting tomorrow, I'm going to be medicated.