Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hustle!

My race: second...(waaaaaay too hot into the first turn, tangle the tape, rip out a stake...nooooo...there goes EVERYBODY) last...bye, Field. Have a lovely race. Hustle, ladies, hustle...Jessica Kates, you are on my wheel, I just passed you and you are cheering for me between breaths...wow, thanks!...de ja vu from last year...here we go, but I'm gonna try to GO! 3rd...picking them off, clawing my way back...mountain bike girl sucking my wheel, breathing fire down my neck... hold it until Mount Doom (I mean, Pile of Dirt) on the lassssssst laaaaaaap (RRRRRRR!...can you feel it?? can you feel my RRRRRRRRRRR!!??)... MOUNTAIN BIKE gets me at the barriers. Unreal...so there she goes, bye 3rd. 4th...(me)...cross the line, pressure is off... cool down, let's go home now...Hi, Marc...yeah, you get it...you said it, thanks. My dad's race: Go, BP!!! 1st. awesome awesome... mechanical on lap 2, grab the Redline...shit, his rear wheel came out of the dropout...wtf? there they go...oh, noooo...BP last... Next lap, BP 2nd...ok, ok... And then, gap gap... BP wins. so, that was exciting to watch... glad I remembered a cowbell. And... Anne Rock rocked (and was dressed to impress)... Kathrin kicked ass (I knew it was her day, knew it, knew it)... Lenore stepped up to the A plate... and all the women handled the dirt flyover with ease (unlike some of the hard-charging C's...Jeez) My son and I destroyed a pizza... "Mom, you drink beer??!!" Yes, dear, especially when I least deserve it. (a Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA, if you must know)

2 comments:

Matt said...

Kim,

You should have gone for the 90 minute IPA!

You and BP are kickin' ass, keep it up.

-matt

JenBob said...

60, 90, 180 wth? drink what tastes good and feels right.

Ride hard tomorrow, then harder the next day.

It all works out in the end.