Friday, October 3, 2008

(No) Skillz

Phew... so I've been clicking out of my pedals incorrectly ever since...oh, I started riding clipless (and no, the first year I spent NOT clipping in AT ALL doesn't count). And... I've been shouldering my bike like a dunce. And... The step-through technique does seem more efficient (maybe I'll grasp it after 5,000 more tries...maybe). Everyone knows I am clumsy...that's no secret. Learning something new involving coordination is a challenge (and a sight to behold). So, no, I will not be adopting these new Skillz at the Hustle...but, I will keep at it until it comes naturally (like clicking out...I never thought that would come naturally...yeah, clicking out the wrong way...woo-hoo). I did fail gym. thanks, Kelly Cline, for your patience...I can only liken it to when I taught preschool and watched the snack helper awkwardly carry the pitcher of juice across the room...slosh, slosh, spill, trip trip...oops, try again...

2 comments:

Anthony S. said...

Hey there Ms. Perna (?), LOL. Here is a tip I learned from an old Pro last year in Delaware: http://www.cyclingcaptured.com/photos/211949835_6b2dX-L.jpg

Always spray your pedals with that!

MtnBikeChic said...

I got to learn clipless on the road bike.. approach a busy multi-lane intersection.. red light.. try to unclip.. succeed in unclipping the left foot but lean and then proceeded to fall to the right. Clumsy is my middle name, or maybe first! Good job on tackling the skilz