Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sirens, Candy Canes, Prosecco, Running Shoes

Yesterday morning brought the sound of sirens...didn't take long to realize Santa was making the rounds on a fire truck, visiting every neighborhood in West Whiteland township. Everyone has a marker of what the holidays mean to them, or something that sparks their own little holiday spirit and Santa on the fire truck has been one of mine for as long as I can remember. As I bundled up for a run (seldom riding these days, but that's okay...really), the sirens grew louder and louder...finally, the huge, red truck came ambling down our street...all the neighborhood kids scurried toward the curb, hands reaching out for candy canes, the smaller children covering their ears, mouths agape in disbelief. He's here! He's here! (My mom is a sucker for this tradition, too)... My run took me through woods and neighborhoods under cold, gray skies...by the time I returned home, there were tiny icicles tangled in my hair. I'm pretty sure I went through this last year...running shoes on my feet after cross had ended. Plans to ride French Creek were foiled this morning because of nasty weather...again, it's really okay. I was up late playing Apples to Apples with my friends, drinking the Prosecco that I won at Charm City. Truly, it's all good...

1 comment:

Dirty Girl said...

Merry Christmas! Come to this Sunday's Tressle Tussle!