Saturday, January 10, 2009

Just Checkin In...

I still like Q-Tip... I still wish I was two inches taller... I still fret about choices big and small and how the affect everyone around me... I still try not to miss out... What else is there today? I have no intention to ride...I have all day, all to myself...the conditions are perfect, the bike is ready, the clothes are clean, bottles ripe for filling... What the??? Where is my motivation? Cold doesn't bother me...never has. My dad is ice climbing today, but there are others to ride with (many, thankfully)... What the??? I have not moved since the (extraordinarily fun) Fair Hill ride last Sunday...I mean, I moved around at work, kept my house (fairly) tidy, danced around the kitchen with my son, partook in a Nerf-dart battle...the usual...but, no attempts to gain (or retain) any kind of physical fitness... I feel alright. Clothes fit...fine. I feel healthy. A little blue (winter-y), but healthy... Just don't feel like riding much. Or running...at all. This time of year is always a little tricky for me...maybe more so this year, being on my own (no, I didn't say alone)...no shortage of family or friends, lucky me... I don't know... My needs, however basic, are met these days... A continuous block of sleep, however/whenever I can get it (REM...that is a bonus)... A happy, healthy home for my kid... A paycheck... and maybe some hot cocoa, overflowing with mini marshmallows... So, what's up, Kimmy Kim...??? Chin up. Get out there...

1 comment:

Dirty Girl said...

HELLO? Come ride the Wiss. Or Belmont. Or Pennypack? Never ridden Pennypack. It could be an adventure!