Monday, January 12, 2009

The Name of the (Winter) Game...

...is "Fun." Here we are, nearly halfway through January...I haven't devoted much time or energy to...anything (except caring for a wily FOUR year-old)... Sunday morning found the street glazed with ice... (Rotten) Robert showed up at 9am, ready for a ride that I wasn't sure would even happen...although we had crossed paths many times at races & such, we had never actually "met", so there I was, half-pajama'd/half-geared up for a ride, introducing myself in my living room...ha! Gracious, he was...rotten, not so much. Shortly thereafter, the tenacious Crafter wound its way through my neighborhood, carting Faticus, Lauri, and (not riding) Transporter Tom McD...My dad showed up, as did Colin-O, bundled & ready to ride. Slowly, our motley caravan plodded along slippy, slid-y, icy roads toward Downingtown...slippy, roads...yikes. Surprisingly, the trails did not let us down (do they ever, there? noooooo)...a crust of ice made for a fair bit of trepidation, but barneys & bungles were few (yay, everybody!)...Hopefully, we gave our friends a fun (though, slippery) glimpse of our favorite local trails and led them to the MASS Promoters Meeting hungry for more... It was precisely the kind of ride I have been craving... After a perfect grilled cheese, I took a short nap and still had energy to spare for the aforementioned FOUR (!) year-old. As for that (amazing) kid, I should take a page from his book...he's got the right attitude... it's a blessing & a joy to be his mom.

1 comment:

robert said...

that was a great ride... thanks again for hosting.