Saturday, March 28, 2009

Shaking off the Cobwebs...

Been shaking off the cobwebs of winter one ride at a time...yesterday I snuck out for a late-afternoon ride. Aaaaah. Most of us are lucky enough to have our favorite go-to trails somewhere close to home... the local spot you can reach by bike. You have your favorite route to reach the woods, favorite sections of road where you pedal happily with great anticipation of hitting the single-track... That's what I had yesterday afternoon...and all the pieces fell together beautifully, one of those rare and unexpected perfect rides (the kind when you start out thinking you'll just bang out the same-old, same old, but arrive home totally restored and gratified)... Although gray skies hung above me, the air was warm & conditions were just right. (it doesn't hurt that I was riding my new/old toy... the litespeed has been reborn as a rigid soon-to-be 1x9...poor thing had been gathering dust in BP's basement since the fateful crash at Sewell...I love that snappy little monster & it felt good to ride my original race rig again. Purely for fun!) What else? (I will just ramble on...) Yoga this morning, after nearly a year without, felt amazing. It's going to be an interesting summer without many races on the calendar. I am certain yoga will be a lovely compliment to riding for fun. Last night, I stayed for the entire New Kings of Rhythm cd release party at Spence...wow, it hurts to stay out til those hours. Two beers and a super-late night has left me feeling pummeled in a way I am not used to. (oh, but I am going to be 34 next week...wtf) If I sound hung-over in this half-assed post, I guess it's because I am. Left the camera at home for my ride & the gig because I didn't want to miss out...sometimes I get wrapped up trying to capture the moment & end up missing what is right in front of me. Spring is here. Gray and rainy today. here, nonetheless... we made it!

1 comment:

zenbicyclist said...

Funny...I did the exact same thing with my Litespeed. Couldn't quite retire it completley. Couldn't quite figure out a clever way to keep the chain on one chainring though.