Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Anything Else?

I'm stress-eating all the Easter candy I can get my hands on...the Cadbury mini-eggs are history. Let me break down my day (I need to see what it looks like): 6:20am- My son bounds into the bathroom, where I peer from behind the shower curtain to find his right eye crusty & swollen shut. Awesome. Pink eye. (Pink Eye, though hardly, or of much consequence at all, is a nuisance...4 year-olds generally loathe eye drops...I need at least 4 more hands to administer them) 6:40am- scramble to find a sitter (can't send him to Lisa's where he will pass on the offending conjunctivitis to all the other kids) 6:45am- My mom saves the day and my morning is back on track...I may even be on time! 6:47am- Hurriedly dashing around the bathroom ,wielding mascara & a comb, I nick my head on the open medicine cabinet...ow!! 6:50am- Tearing through the kitchen in search of keys and name tag, I run into a wall and clock the other side of my head. Yes, I did. We're going to skip over the work portion of the day. I will say, I am getting really grossed out by teenage boys who don't brush their teeth. It makes my job unpleasant. 6:50pm- (12 hours from when I banged my head on the kitchen wall) While doing the dishes (the dishes that have been piling up since Sunday), the light fixture above me lets out a weird & alarming whhhhhhhirrrrr/zzzzzzhhhhh then POP!, the light bulb & part of the fixture falls to the floor and black smoke pours from what is left in the ceiling... Yeah, that's where I'll just stop the little play-by-play of my Tuesday... The house is not on fire, thankfully...though, it sure smells that way. My son is asleep. The dishes are done. I still have not eaten dinner. Wait, did I even have lunch??! 9:08pm- Mommy is cracking open a nice, cold Red Stripe. Cheers!

4 comments:

trainwreck said...

kids and eyedrops....lay the kid on the floor, have him turn his head slightly and close his eyes, put the eydrop in the corner of his eye nearest his nose, then have him open his eyes. after he blinks through that one for a minute, turn his head slightly the other way, and do the other one...and good luck!

trainwreck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark said...

that makes my day look pleasant, should make that 2 red strip, and maybe a shot of rum just for good measure.

Mark said...

You should make that 2 red stripes and maybe a shot of rum for good measure