Friday, May 22, 2009

Circus!

fascinated by elephant teeth (heavy suckers)
still in awe of this shit...
so is he, apparently...
I hope the elephants like this.
Sometimes, I enter contests or sweepstakes & sometimes I am the grand-prize winner...
When I entered the Channel 6 Zing, Zang, Zoom! sweepstakes online, I knew I knew I knew I'd win...circus tickets are not something in my budget and I soooo wanted to take my son.
I can't say I was surprised upon learning I was indeed the lucky winner of 4 VIP tickets (and the chance to be a clown in the pre-show...but, the kid was too small and the mom was suffering from a cold...not to mention a lingering childhood disdain for all things clown).
The circus was cool...I've only been twice before (6th Grade field trip when I was more interested in a boy named Brook than anything else that day...and with my cousins years ago).
Although I still get a kick out of all the high-wire antics, the acrobats, the human cannon...nothing beat the look on my four year-old's face, seeing all that revelry and ridiculousness for the first time.

2 comments:

megA said...

KimmyK--

That photo of you and your boy is beautiful and priceless. Wow!

I'm happy to read of your happiness--you deserve more of it.

xoxo
m

tgiven said...

So cool that you won those tickets- lucky you! We went last Sunday & Chelsea was just reminiscing about the time you guys came with us to the circus. You guys look like you are having quite the adventures lately- enjoy!!