Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Absinthe, Please...

Sleeping eleven to sixteen hours a day (for, I believe, a five day stretch now) has left my dream tank empty... Witness this gem: I'm at a Phillies game with several family members and coworkers (ugh...the especially loathsome ones)... We are not at the "real" stadium...we are at a crappy weed-ridden (weed, such as dandelions, crab grass...told you this was boring) ball field likely in Delaware county (no offense, just sayin)... Halfway through the first inning, I realize we are not even watching the real Phillies...this is like a B team, all the players are totally unrecognizable, not even wearing the real uniform, playing against an equally unrecognizable team...I try to tell my family, but they just think I'm full of shit. "Oh yeah? Where's Werth? Where's Ibanez? Where's Lidge? How bout Utley?" I say...(rattling off all these names, how is beyond me, I know, I know, World Champions blah blah blah...I haven't seen a Phillies game since our fifth grade Safety Field Trip...no, we didn't wear our orange sashes)... So, everyone is into this crappy game...the snacks are even crappy...we are sitting on crappy wooden splintery bleachers... Most boring game ever. I don't like baseball. I had to sit through an entire baseball game...a faux-Phillies game at a crappy field somewhere in the middle of crappy Dreamworld with people I don't even like (I like Jeff & Max, obviously...but, the rest of them should stay at work where they belong). In my dream. What the??!

1 comment:

Suki said...

oh, I had a (boring ass) doozy last night...

high school cafeteria. strip poker...moderated by the principal.

nobody even got naked. when I realized that each round we were all gonna do the same thing (take off our socks and wear fuzzy hats) I decided it was time to get out of that dream...

to be wide awake at 4am.

I'm not sure which was worse.