Saturday, July 18, 2009

Reset

Instead of lamenting my waning fitness and growing waistline, I'm going to stock up on some books & magazines...a teammate whom I barely know has offered me a knitting demo (C3- Athletes Serving Athletes, indeed!)...I'm going to enjoy a quiet week at home and focus on getting better. I have empty sketch books, brand new markers, blank note cards, neglected DVDs (time to revisit Little Nicky and laugh my ass off?)...I have a fridge stocked with healthy, easy-to-prepare food (and a half gallon of Chocolate Quik!)...I have Apples to Apples and willing victims (Sara, are you out there?)...I have an itunes gift card from Christmas that I haven't had time to use (and a yearning for the not-so-new-anymore Yeah Yeah Yeahs)...I also have an enormous pile of clothing to be ironed (I'm sure ironing clothes isn't harmful to my spleen, right?) This is what the doctor ordered (literally, in the form of bed rest) and it's all I can do. Making the best of it...

1 comment:

sara said...

i am out here and looking forward to paying you a visit tonight. apples to apples!