Thursday, July 2, 2009

this shit is weird

today: 3 hours into my morning, my forearms were sore & my hands were shaking. I was yawning non-stop beneath my mask. I am an orthodontic assistant and shaky hands are not helpful when bending wires, putting on braces, or wielding sharp instruments inside a patient's mouth... "Um...yaaaaaawwwwn, I'm afraid I'm not going to make it through the day..." Once upon a time, I was misdiagnosed with mono following a scary reaction to Tamiflu...after a near-disastrous visit to the ER, my family doctor proclaimed at my follow-up, "No, Kim, you don't have mono. You had the flu and you had a serious reaction to a drug." So, this time, I was skeptical when my lab results came back positive for mono. "Yes, Kim, you definitely have mono." This kind of fatigue just confounds me...I don't know what to do with myself...I've been told to take it easy, don't even think about riding, etc...man, I don't even feel like riding. Luckily, my family is awesome, my kid's dad is awesome & I am able to heed my doctor's advice... The last time I felt this way was when I had pneumonia in fourth grade...all I wanted to do was watch All My Children, color in my Barbie coloring books, and drink tea... not much has changed.

No comments: