Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Sunday, December 27, 2009
- Avatar: meh...seriously, just my opinion. While you really have to twist my arm to get me to a movie theater, I found "Ponyo" far more enjoyable on the big screen. The hype was kinda lost on me...I could go on, but I'll just leave it at not a fan.
- Day after Christmas: post-holiday blues/blahs hit me hard...I'm good now, but, phew...that was rough. Again, not a fan.
- procrastination: my bike remains in the box it was shipped home in...suppose I should unpack/inspect/reassemble...definitely not a fan of my last-minute ways. New Years resolution material? nah, probably not.
not a fan of this particular post...what can I say? Christmas was awesome, but the rest of the weekend pretty much sucked (the highlights being a rainy ride that left me 20 lbs heavier in soaking clothes and "Footloose" on VH1)...
On a more positive note, I am very much a fan of:
- Dior color reviver lip balm...mmmm, divine.
- homemade peppermint bark
- New Years Eve parties...who's having one?
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Friday, December 18, 2009
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
- random call-ups left me with a last-row start
- the temperature was maybe ten degrees this morning
- I crashed out of the top fifteen after a pretty stellar first lap
- My third crash rendered my front wheel immobile, leaving me to run half the course to the pits (as the field slid by me, one by one, by one...)
- I didn't have a pit bike, let alone wheels (though, a kindly stranger in the pit quickly had me back in action)
- the ice got the best of me
- My knee is jacked
- I probably had my worst result all season today (on paper)
I really don't care and it's really okay and I am really not grumpy.
wait, shouldn't I be a little grumpy??
Yesterday found me crossing the country on 3 different planes, only to arrive at my final destination in the dark, unaware of what the landscape around me even looked like. Greeted warmly at this amazing house by my teammates, I knew immediately it was worth the trip (even that third & final flight on a straight-up prop plane, nonetheless).
This morning, I woke up to a very cold & very snowy winter wonderland...in Oregon.
I raced my bike, crashed my bike, ran with my bike, and finished my last B race of 2009.
Tomorrow is Masters and I have a chance to do it again...hopefully without the crashing & running part.
Wish me luck & ring your cowbells for C3!