Sunday, June 12, 2011

big wheels: take two

the most enormous wishies you ever did see


he made the bike right for me 
 Last summer, I procured a friend's gently used 29er for a steal only to let it gather dust in the corner of our garage.
One ride on said bike at Middle Run last year left me unsure about the proverbial Kool-Aid.
Quite simply, I didn't get it (much less enjoy it).
"Is it an acquired taste?" I wondered.
Maybe the Kool-Aid wasn't for me.

A year later, I tried again.
This time with lighter wheels, flat bars, and a little bit of suspension...a little more love, a little more attention to fit.
The verdict?
Now I get it.

All I know is, I haven't had that much fun on two wheels in a long time.

2 comments:

Neil said...

Ugh. If I am the last person standing with a 26er I will feel so silly.

Kim said...

until I have a 29er with gears, the 26 inch wheels will still get plenty of time on the trails!