Sunday, June 5, 2011

this guy





I don't usually go here, but I have to...
How does this guy have the unending energy for me and my six year old son day after day after day after day?
Fourteen months in and he barely bats an eye at all my quirks and faults and hangups.
I mean, it's always something around here, you know?

He treats my son like his own without even trying.
It's never forced and it's always genuine.
How does he just get it like that?

It's been a rough week.
I don't feel like myself.
I feel scrambly and tired and uncomfortable...I've been confused and I'm sure I've been confusing.
We walked past an {ugly} painting of poppies on our way to get coffee yesterday morning.
In my head, I was all, "Poppies!" in the Wicked Witch of the West's voice.
He chuckled.
"What?" I asked.
"You."
"Huh?"
"Poppies," he mimicked.
I didn't think "Poppies"...I said, "Poppies!" in my best Wicked Witch of the West voice.
Out loud.
I didn't realize I said it out loud.
See? 
Freaking concussion.
  
But, he's right there by my side just like he always is... 
I know...I said I usually don't go here, certainly not in this realm.
But, he doesn't read this anymore anyway.
So, it's okay.

I'm grateful and I am happy and it would be unfair and unfortunate to not say so.    

1 comment:

k. francis said...

again... fortunate! ;)