Saturday, July 9, 2011

race number two

So much for putting a whole season together.
Since my stellar showing at French Creek, I skipped a few other races in favor of less competitive adventures/misadventures (such as camping/exploring/playing/enjoying a certain 6 year-old who is growing up waaaay too fast before my very eyes).
No regrets.
As far as I can tell, Neshaminy & Iron Hill aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
Tomorrow is Fair Hill and I am excited and nervous and all those other familiar emotions one feels on the eve of a race, whether they admit or not.
Whether it matters or not.
Because, if it doesn't really matter, then why bother?
I am interested to see how this one unfolds after being off the bike (and on vacation) since last Sunday.
I am not so interested to see how tight my kit is after four days of dessert (after lunch aaaaand after dinner).
Like I said, I was on vacation in every sense of the word.
I am interested to see how my fitness is (or isn't) on the bike I've been enjoying most, but haven't yet raced.
I was warned not to get discouraged when the entire field literally walks away from me on the prologue.
No worries.
I'm going to show up and do what I do...and hopefully do it well without any major mishaps and perhaps even a tiny bit of grace (albeit the sweaty/gross/gasping for air variety).

Yay, racing!  

No comments: