Sunday, August 21, 2011

weekend at Raystown

Raystown Lake


I sure love my Raleigh (my SS, my only 29er)  


Lincoln Caverns

post-ride refreshment

"Where do you want to ride this weekend?"
"I don't know. Where do you want to ride?" 
After tossing the usual suspects back and forth (Middle Run/White Clay, FH, French Creek, etc), we decided on a last minute jaunt to Raystown...
Hell. Yes.
What a welcome change of scenery, what a perfect perfect perfect weekend.
Great weather, perfect trails, excellent company.

Have you ever been to Raystown? Have you had the pleasure of exploring the Allegrippis trails?
Do you have a favorite loop or trail?
I can't pick just one, but I could not stop smiling as we rolled through Eagle and Sleek Dog...everything is fun and so incredibly flowing...it's so easy to get lost in the joy of just going going going fast.

There's nothing better than last-minute adventures and effortless road trips with the perfect partner in crime...
amazing trails, balmy August mornings, crackling campfires, starry skies, spooky caves, hot showers, cold pints, well-deserved s'mores...
thank god for weekends like this.   




No comments: