Monday, September 5, 2011

wondering

photo courtesy of his dad, Jeff


Wondering what he'll be into...
what he'll be good at...
what he'll be afraid of (other than the usual kid stuff now like thunderstorms and peanuts)...
what he'll be when he grows up...

I don't know how it all happens so quickly, so fleetingly...
I only know there's no use trying to slow it down.
Already in the throes of first grade, of packed lunches and homework and what-do-you-want-to-wear-to-school and tying shoes and riding a two-wheeler...in just one week of this, he's grown up more and more and more.

Slow down, kid.
Just, like, a couple notches.
Thanks...

2 comments:

JenBob said...

oooooh. Can I ride that?

JenBob said...

At a year and a half, I've got Abigail running around saying "bike, bike, bike" and "helmet, helmet, helmet", because she wants to go for a bike ride.

I wonder if by six she'll be running around saying "half-pipe"?