Friday, October 28, 2011

smooth shorts

homemade costumes kick ass
I was the bad mom at the bus stop this morning.
Every kid was bundled up (did you happen to notice the SNOW in the forecast this morning?) except my son, shivering in "smooth shorts."
What are smooth shorts?
Smooth shorts are athletic-y shorts/gym shorts/basketball shorts...Max calls them "smooth shorts."
Okay.
Today is the Halloween parade at school...my son and I crafted a badass Day of the Dead skeleton costume. The kids were instructed to bring their costumes IN A BAG to school. Max doesn't want to strip down to his skivvies in front of his entire first grade class...can't blame him.
"Smooth shorts, mom...I'll wear smooth shorts to school and put my skeleton legs on over them. It'll be fine."
"It's really cold out, Max."
"Mom."
So, I got some dirty looks at the bus stop.

That costume is so badass.
Halloween is no joke around here.    

2 comments:

The Bike Nazi said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the costume! And are you going to wear the red shiny shoes?...

The Bike Nazi said...

Cute! And scary!