Saturday, January 21, 2012

Nockamixon...yes, please.

My dad and I ventured out to Lake Nockamixon yesterday morning to explore the 10(ish) miles of mountain bike trails.
When we weren't gingerly picking our way through the icy spots, we rolled swiftly through thick hemlocks and tight, twisty trails.
Perfect trails for a frosty little adventure on the SS...while I sometimes covet a geared 29er, I really do love my Raleigh. Although the trails around Nockamixon are relatively flat, there are plenty of other interesting features to keep you engaged (swoopy turns, tight corners, fun stream crossings, and truly beautiful scenery).

It's been a tough week.
As always, I'm reminded that time on the bike, particularly in the woods, is the best remedy for stress.

By the way...looks like a few inches of snow fell here overnight.
Yay!
 

1 comment:

Velorambling said...

Those are my local trails now. Glad they got built. Mtn biking 15 mins away is great.