Wednesday, February 1, 2012

staying home

I'm home sick today.
It means my son was able to ease into his Wednesday and walk out the door with a bigger, brighter smile on his face than usual.
It means we had a little time to relax and snuggle after he ate his waffle and drank his OJ.
It means his hair looked a little nicer and toothbrushing wasn't frantic and hurried.

I know how lucky I am to have a job that I enjoy, but I miss being a stay-at-home mom.
Selfishly, I considered working things out with my ex years ago solely because I wanted to stay home and raise our son.
I have no regrets about moving on, but I wish I could be the one who puts my son on the bus every day.
I'd like to have the energy to make an awesome dinner and get through homework without sighing or losing patience.
Sometimes I feel like I am ripping him off.
"We're only reading two books tonight..."
"You need to take a quick shower, all business, it's getting late..."
"I don't feel like playing...it was a crazy Monday..."

This crazy weather is literally making me sick.






I helped build the Millenium Falcon, so that's got to count for something

No comments: