Tuesday, August 14, 2012

but, I don't want to play in the rain...

An emergency at the office left me with a surprise day off today.
I'll take it.
My dad and I had plans to ride, but it's been a rainy, stormy morning and I just want to stay put.
If cross season was looming for me, I'd be out there chasing him around muddy fields with my lungs inside out.
But, I am training for Baby this year, not cyclocross.

Tomorrow I will be half-way there, twenty weeks pregnant.
A patient's mom pointed to my bump enormous belly the other day and said, "Hey, I thought I was just looking at your wedding pictures."
Blushing, I kinda shrugged and said, "Honeymoon."
Lady, what are you insinuating?
Jeez.

At prenatal yoga, all the ready-to-pop/due-in-September moms were lamenting about the good old days, the comfort and ease of the blessed Second Trimester.
When I mentioned that I am due in January, it fell on deaf ears (because I guess I'm not "as pregnant" as them)...
So silly.

I'm just trying to keep moving and enjoying feeling this way.

Later this week, we will take another peek at the baby (and it will actually look like a baby this time). I'm really good at worrying about things that are out of my control, which means I am already fretting over whether everything is developing the way it's supposed to in there.
I'm excited to see the little one, but also just scared scared scared.


I didn't look like this a couple months ago



No comments: