Tuesday, August 7, 2012

trail fail

Normally, this time of year I am beginning cross workouts with BP.
Scramble from work to our not-so-secret practice location...
practice
practice
practice
pedal back to the cars, sweaty and exhausted
Repeat every week as the days get shorter and shorter...
practice
practice
practice
Race.
repeat.

Although, I have no need (or desire) to partake in the cross workouts,  I thought it would be fun to join BP on his preparatory trail runs (roughly 25 mins at a moderate pace, not to give away all his secrets)...
Fifteen minutes into tonight's run, I had to slow to a walk as weird pains crept into my lower belly (not weird alarming pains or cramps...just enough pain to say, hey,maybe this isn't the most favorable workout for me at this point).
So, I relented to my body and finished up with a brisk walk.
Limitations, there has to be some...

No comments: