Wednesday, August 29, 2012

twenty two weeks

I woke up at 4am thinking about waffles and Nutella and that was it...
Wiiiiiiiiide awake.

While bike racing seems to consume my dreams lately, food occupies an embarrassing portion of my thoughts during waking hours. Suddenly, I am ravenous pretty much all. day. long.

What else has the twenty two week mark brought me?
  • anticipation for Halloween when Count Chocula and Frankenberry cereal will be readily available again
  • lots of attention from Max directed toward my belly (he has taken to talking to his future sibling..."are you a sister or a brother? Come on, poke me or something...")
  • insomnia (nothing new to me)
  • the realization that I may not want to wait til the last minute for Christmas shopping this year (the fact that I am even thinking about Christmas in August is pretty remarkable...don't you worry, I am not changing my procrastinator ways entirely) 
  • an ever-increasing appreciation for my husband's patience...I am a mess,  sometimes constantly fretting about stretch marks I don't even have, being indecisive and acting like what we're having for dinner is the most insurmountable and overwhelming choice one could possibly have to make...I'm sure it's exhausting, but he is taking it like a champ ("Bill, you're breathing too loud...")  
At least the boys will wake up to homemade waffles this morning...

No comments: