Saturday, September 15, 2012

a little ride

This morning I rode my bike for the first time in over a month...
Understandably, it was a little bit uncomfortable.
After fifty (yes, only fifty) minutes, I was done and realized I need to make a few modifications before my next ride.
Or just borrow my mom's cushy cruiser.
Still, it was liberating to get outside and pedal...I've been missing that.
A lot.
There have been a few hormonal meltdowns this week...a few completely unexplained crying jags and all I could think was, I want to ride my bike. I need to ride my bike.
For the past nine years, riding my bike has been my number one coping mechanism, my equalizer, my thing.
Sometimes I feel a little lost when I can't get on my bike and just go.
Fifty minutes on some cinders along the creek did me a world of good.

at the bus stop this week, a mom said, "My daughter asked if I had noticed Max's mom is getting chunky..."

2 comments:

The Bikinator said...

Kim,
I've been following as you write about your pregnancy. Thanks for letting readers be a part of it. I don't know how I'd get through, not being able to ride. I know it'll be there when you go back to it though!

Kim said...

Thank you, Angie...I don't have much else to write about these days ;)
Hope you're enjoying a well-deserved off season!