Saturday, September 22, 2012

Charm City Day One (I wasn't there)

Seven years ago I fell in love with cross in the middle of a muddy pumpkin patch.

Right now I miss red wine, rocky trails, espresso, and cyclocross.
Mostly cyclocross.


Having said that, I love being pregnant right now.
I am in awe of the kicks and movement I feel, now a predictable cycle of activity and inactivity throughout the day.
Baby responds to cold drinks, ice cream, and anything sweet...
Interestingly, Bowie and Jimmy Cliff also elicit lots of movement when I am driving.

How's that for a race report?

If I had raced Charm City today (you know, not in my current "state"), I imagine it would have gone something like this:
I fought like hell to not get lapped by Nikki or Helen Wyman, but ultimately got pulled with a lap to go...Conditions were amazing, but damn, it was HOT!  Charm City remains one of my favorite races and I can't wait for day two. Too nervous to sleep, too destroyed to do anything else.

Next year.   

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Kim,
Can I use your race report? Because that is totally what happened to me this weekend. Hopefully we'll see you out there next season. Have a healthy fall/winter.

Caitlin

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Caitlin,
it's all yours ;)
Good for you for moving up...I know it's not easy, but I am wishing you a great season!
Thanks for checking in,
Kim