Friday, November 2, 2012

32 weeks...getting closer

This morning's ultrasound revealed a very active, 4lb baby with a heart rate of 151 bpm.
At twenty weeks, there was a concern about the position of the placenta, but all is well and I am on track for a normal vaginal delivery.
(huge sigh of relief)
What else?
All the other measurements and stats look healthy and within normal ranges (fluid levels, etc)...I've spent the better part of this pregnancy worrying about pretty much everything, so now I am determined to relax and enjoy this home stretch.
I can do that.
I can relax.

As for me, my platelets are still low and we will continue to monitor that til the end (weekly blood work, no biggie). If the numbers dip really low (or "ridiculously so," according to my OBGYN), it means no epidural.
I can do that.
(I nearly did with Max, but that's another story for another day)

I've gained 25 lbs overall, which my doc insists is "perfect," but I would argue it's a tad much.
In fact, his words were, "Go ahead and enjoy some of that leftover Halloween candy..."
[dutifully unwraps mini Heath bar...aaaand fun size Whoppers...]     

I feel good.
I feel reassured.
32 weeks...holy sh*t.
Halloween came and went, ghosts were busted, sugar meltdowns ensued...the usual

No comments: