Wednesday, December 19, 2012

39 weeks

Hi.
Still here, still very pregnant.
Doctor's appointment this morning revealed the following:
  • weight gain is fine (I stopped looking at the scale several weeks ago, and in turn have enjoyed this pregnancy much more)
  • BP is fine
  • baby's HR is fine
  • belly is measuring fine
  • everything is FINE
Everything is fine and for that I am grateful.
But...
I can't help feeling disappointed that nothing has progressed.
Like, at all.
"Looks like you'll be having a Christmas baby. Somebody has to, right?"

Sigh.
Right.
What's another week (or more) now that I'm nearly ten months into it?
I mean, I'm kind of tired of my rib cage serving as somebody's jungle gym.
I'm kind of tired of being this shape.
I'm kind of tired of wearing the same three outfits.

Mostly, I am beside myself with excitement to hold our baby (when I'm not too busy being tired).
Come on

3 comments:

Sara said...

EAT SPICY FOOD WHILE BOUNCING ON AN EXERCISE BALL.. It worked like a charm for me

Kim said...

I don't have an exercise ball...
I did have some seriously spicy Thai and I also made a very spicy pasta dish...
aaaaand I've been walking like crazy, doing tons of housework, all the stuff that's supposed to get things moving.
Except castor oil.
I won't cross that line.

Jill said...

Wishing you a healthy delivery! Keeping you in my thoughts and good wishes!