Tuesday, January 29, 2013

got work to do...

5 weeks postpartum
It's time to break a sweat.


Yesterday I pedaled nowhere slowly for a mere 30 minutes and it kinda kicked my {broken} ass.
Still, it felt good to put the Sidis on (yay...something fits!), even if just to "ride" the Spinning bike.
Although I was active throughout my pregnancy, the weeks following Maeve's birth left my body feeling completely wrecked (I mean, duh).
This week I finally feel physically able to do something other than walk...
I am yearning to sweat and feel strong again.
This is not about getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight or squeezing into my skinny jeans (okay, I do want to get into my favorite jeans) or being unrealistic about losing the weight quickly...
It's about moving and just feeling like myself again.
(the self that loves to climb big hills and charge through tricky rock gardens)

I need to start somewhere, even if that means a stationary Spinning bike in my living room while the baby sleeps.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen Morrell said...

You look great, Kim! I love the pic of your son holding your daughter in her crib... awesome. My daughter begged to do the same but I was not as generous! Our crib doesn't look like it could take it. :)

Kathleen said...

Lookin' good!!!

Kim said...

thanks, Kathleen ;)

Kim said...

thanks, Kathleen ;)